January 22, 2015

Healthy Chocolate Mousse + Dip


 Today I have a really super easy and tasty recipe to share!  I wish I could say that I came up with this on my own, but I didn't.  If you haven't heard of The Whole Pantry App then you've really been missing out.  It's full of delicious nutritious recipes that truly give your body the nourishment it needs to function optimally.  One recipe that I've used that is tried and true is the chocolate mousse.  I've modified it sometimes to fit what I am craving or what I have in my pantry at that time, but the original recipe is super tasty too.  It's the perfect way to get your chocolate fix without the guilt!  And let's be honest, we all have that chocolate craving at some point.  I've learned that the best thing you can do is refrigerate this mousse before eating it, otherwise it might not taste as good.

This morning I made it because I wanted something to dip my apple into.  It'd be really good with strawberries, I've done it with blueberries and whipped cream.  It's pretty versatile, so just go with whatever you want and enjoy!

Chocolate Mousse (my version)
  • 1 lg or 2 small ripe bananas
  • 1/2 ripe avocado
  • 2-3 T raw cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder is fine too)
  • 1 T honey, maple syrup, or agave (I prefer maple syrup)
  • 1/4 t cinnamon
  • 1 T water (coconut milk might be good, but I haven't personally tried it that way yet!)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. (For those of you wondering, you cannot taste the avocado AT ALL, it just provides a healthy fat and helps hold the bananas together.)  Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.  Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!