October 31, 2012

DIY: pins to magnets

Last week when we went to San Diego the only thing we bought were these super cute pins. {trust me huge accomplishment that we didn't buy everything in sight}  Anyway, we strolled into this little store with all kinds of fun goodies, but when we found these we couldn't stop laughing and just knew we needed some. 

We picked 6, and since we don't really have much use for pins I decided to make them into magnets.  FYI: this is probably the easiest DIY ever.



There aren't many tools needed really.  Just pins, bare magnets (you can get them at any craft store), and some Mod Podge.

 


1.  Take the back out of the pin and put a drop of Mod Podge onto the pin.

 


2.  Stick the magnet onto the back.  Wipe off any excess glue.

 


3. Let dry, hang up, and ENJOY!

 


Happy Halloween friends! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello, new fan here, stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-6.html
    I know you're a fairly new blogger, so if you haven't done a blog hop before, let me know and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. It's really quite simple, instructions are on my blog post, link above.

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww they are so cute! I've always wanted to try making buttons and magnets. :)

    - Sasha
    www.bohemianfaerie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!