October 3, 2016

Seasons of Change


I just love this time of year.  Cool, crisp mornings, pumpkin spice, baking, apples, leaves changing, decorating, football, pumpkin patches, and the anticipation of the holidays right around the corner.  It's such a cozy season, full of excitement and change.  And because this is a time full of changing and shifting, I've decided to change and reintroduce this little blog.  I have felt prompted for a couple of months to really start diving into blogging again.  However, I was feeling unsure why or what to write about, so I decided to pray about it and not start anything until I had a clearer vision of what I want to say.  Or rather what I'm supposed to say.

I have undergone change in my personal life like you would not believe in the last 6 months.  I suppose trials and challenges will do that to a person.  I am continually reminded that God does not give us more than we can take and never presents us with something until He knows we are ready.  And He always, ALWAYS provides a safe place to land amidst those hard times.  I am unsure as to how in detail I will go on the internet with some of the things I have dealt with, but I do know that I want to be real with you.  I want to be me.  I want to share what is on my heart.  It will not always be heavy.  But it will be real.  The real journey of what it's like to be a mom, a wife, a woman in this world, a child of God, basically whatever is on my heart and what I am learning.  I want to share those things with you.   I may include my new favorite recipe, what we are doing and learning as a family, maybe my current workout routine, or our little family adventures.  Whatever I choose to write about, it will be a reflection of true life and hopefully something you can relate to.  

I do think I have a story to share.  My life is not exciting, but I have had some fun adventures.  My life is not depressing, but I have been in the deep valleys too.  My life is full of hope, loaded with laughter, spent serving my daughter, husband and King, plenty in friendships, and yet probably looks pretty ordinary.  But you guys, it's enough.  I would not be who I am if I did not have past experiences, and I would never trade my sweet, simple life for any other one.    

As seasons change, life shifts, and things happen, let's share and encourage each other.

xx
Jenn
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you! Love you ��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!