November 14, 2012

The Hike








Recently my husband and I decided to go on a nice hike.  There are several trails near our house, so we chose to start with the one right behind us.  Guys, this mountain is HUGE.  It probably doesn't look that way in pictures, but trust me.  HUGE.  But apparently when you get to the top it's absolutely stunning because you can look over 2 different valleys. 

Well, we didn't make it to the top this time, but we did go about halfway.  The only reason{s} that kept us from going further is that it was longer and steeper than we thought and we weren't really prepared {plus the lizards out there were so gross!}, we didn't bring any water, and we were already a few miles from our house so we thought we should probably go back before we collapsed from dehydration. ha ha.  {we kind of exaggerate.}

Anyway, as you can hopefully see from the pictures, the view was so beautiful from what we did get to see.  I'm so thankful for the ability to exercise and for the time we got to spend together soaking in the amazing view.  It just reminds me how small I am, yet God still cares for me.  Now that's something to be thankful for.

11 comments:

  1. The views are amazing!
    You seem to live in a very beautiful area! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING and breath taking view! Im so glad you had time to spend with your hubby and were able to involve exercising somehow since thats so important too!! Have a great day blogger friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I LOVE going hiking together!! Great photos! Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm following! Hopefully you'll want to do the same! ;)

    xx, Jordan
    opal-and-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love finding and reading new blogs. thanks for stopping by! I'm following you now. Keep in touch! looking forward to reading much more from you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, what fun!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great hike- I love hiking! I love that last photo of you- so pretty :D
    I would love to follow each other- I am following now :D

    http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love going hiking! Definitely reminds me of how big this world, and our God, is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog, great pictures would you like to follow eachother?

    If you want to follow me on Bloglovin' & GFC will follow straight back

    www.kellyjade.co.uk

    Kelly xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love hikes, but you're right, you have to be more prepared! Dehydration is quite serious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow beautiful :) would u like follow each other?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!