January 7, 2013

happy 50th to my daddy!

Today is my dad's 50th birthday!  I cannot believe how fast time flies.  Seems like just yesterday he was reading me fairy-tale books, having picnics with my plastic toys with me, and always making me feel like Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  {my favorite disney movie. he always jokingly called me the beast, but deep down I knew that really wasn't true ;)}



I feel so blessed and honored to have such a wonderful dad who I can go to for advice and for comfort in hard situations.  He always seems to have an answer for everything and his sarcastic humor just gets me every time.  He raised me to always take a stand for what I believe in and to never settle for anything and to pursue my dreams.  He always encouraged me to seek and know the Lord deeper and to be a prayerful woman.  I know without a doubt that I would not be where I am today if he hadn't been there for me.  


So here it is- Happy Happy Birthday to the best daddy any girl could ever ask for!

5 comments:

  1. aw HB to your dad! those photos are such treasures. also, thanks for posting the John & Stasi Eldredge book on Thursday--I hadn't heard of it, but it's now on my wish list! :)
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you will love it! We just finished reading the first chapter last week and are diving into chapter 2 this week and it's already such a powerful book. I highly recommend it :) xo

      Delete
  2. FOLLOWING BACK DEAR! :) thanks for finding me. I look forward to reading your blog posts! :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just found your blog and I love this post...Its fun to meet new bloggers and to see the different styles...hope you come visit me too..
    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, happy birthday to your dad!!! this is such a sweet post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!