Today I am participating in the first ever newlywed link up over at Kelly's blog. There are absolutely way too many things for me to list that I love about being married. Nick and I have only been married for 4 and a half months, but we've already learned so so much about each other (and time feels like it's flying!). These are just a few of my favorite things so far.
1. Falling asleep holding hands with my best friend and waking up to seeing his face first thing in the morning.
2. Date nights. Whether it's a night in watching movies and making homemade pizza, or going out to dinner and a show, I absolutely love that time together.
3. Working toward goals together. We run and train together at least 5 days a week. We read books together and talk them over to learn more about each other's perspective. We have financial goals. It's so much fun working as a team toward common goals.
4. Love notes. We still write them. And still love them. In fact, probably love them now more than ever.
5. The adventure of being married is so fabulous. Not just the journey of marriage, but the excitement of exploring new cities and places is so much fun.
6. Sacrifice. We've already discovered some of the importance of sacrifice in a marriage (I'm sure this is one we'll continue to learn always). Nick works very long hours and sometimes it can leave us feeling like we don't get the time together that we so desperately need. (one of my love languages!) But I know that this is only temporary so I am willing to sacrifice knowing that this is what he needs to do for now. And on the flip side, he is the one who actually has to work those long hours and then come home to a wife who just wants to talk and be together. He never complains and always has such a servant's heart to sacrifice for me and for our future family.
7. I have never known a love before like I do after being married. Nick is my absolute best friend. I know that without him my world would not be the same. Words cannot describe the amount of love you have after spending so much time with someone and the energy you put into making the relationship work.
Marriage is fabulous my friends. And being a newlywed is way too fun. :)