January 23, 2013

Newlywed Link Up


 Today I am participating in the first ever newlywed link up over at Kelly's blog.  There are absolutely way too many things for me to list that I love about being married.  Nick and I have only been married for 4 and a half months, but we've already learned so so much about each other (and time feels like it's flying!).  These are just a few of my favorite things so far.


1.  Falling asleep holding hands with my best friend and waking up to seeing his face first thing in the morning.


2.  Date nights.  Whether it's a night in watching movies and making homemade pizza, or going out to dinner and a show, I absolutely love that time together.


3.  Working toward goals together.  We run and train together at least 5 days a week.  We read books together and talk them over to learn more about each other's perspective.  We have financial goals.  It's so much fun working as a team toward common goals.


4.  Love notes.  We still write them.  And still love them.  In fact, probably love them now more than ever.


5.  The adventure of being married is so fabulous.  Not just the journey of marriage, but the excitement of exploring new cities and places is so much fun.


6.  Sacrifice.  We've already discovered some of the importance of sacrifice in a marriage (I'm sure this is one we'll continue to learn always).  Nick works very long hours and sometimes it can leave us feeling like we don't get the time together that we so desperately need.  (one of my love languages!)  But I know that this is only temporary so I am willing to sacrifice knowing that this is what he needs to do for now.  And on the flip side, he is the one who actually has to work those long hours and then come home to a wife who just wants to talk and be together.  He never complains and always has such a servant's heart to sacrifice for me and for our future family.


7.  I have never known a love before like I do after being married.  Nick is my absolute best friend.  I know that without him my world would not be the same.  Words cannot describe the amount of love you have after spending so much time with someone and the energy you put into making the relationship work.  


Marriage is fabulous my friends.  And being a newlywed is way too fun. :)


7 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful and the dress looks amazing on you!

    michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis (the hubby) and I also write love notes still, after four years of dating and 3 months of marriage you would think we would get tired of doing it but we love it. Sometimes we even write out stuff that is frustrating us, if we feel like we can not say it to each other's faces. We found for us that it prevents large disagreements and allows us to process the feelings.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Your pictures are amazing and I look forward to following your blog.


    -Cheltee
    http://somethingaboutyounme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love notes! I'm always leaving them around the house for the hubby. He never really says anything but once I caught him smiling when he found one so I know he likes it and that makes it totally worth it. Sometimes if I'm every over by his work I'll break into his truck and leave him a little note for him to find when he gets off work.

    Thanks for linking up!!

    PS LOVE your wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you guys still write love notes!! I think that is so great and something I'm going to try to start incorporating! So awesome!! I can relate to pretty much all of your favorite things ♥ isn't being married great!?

    -Carrie
    http://tisthammers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so sweet, Jenn. the first year of marriage is so blissful--I would love to go back and experience it again ;)

    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are beautiful!
    How could I forget working toward goals together?!
    That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, Jenn! So truly inspiring and such a spot on description of a Godly marriage.
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!