October 31, 2013

Malibu Canyon Trails

 

One of my favorite things that Nick and I do together is go on hikes or long walks in quiet, peaceful places.  Last weekend we decided to head out of the craziness of life to get some fresh air, perspective and just walk along the trails talking or just listening to nature.  It was super fun.  I went on and on about the book I was reading and how much it affected me and he was the perfect listener.  Then we talked about our dreams and goals.  And then we were just silent as we listened to the birds singing and the breeze blowing.  We were fully prepared for a cooler morning, but little did we know it was going to be 90 degrees already so we sort of dressed all wrong ha.  And then, when we got to the top of where we wanted to go, we read the Bible together and just soaked it all in.  The trail is really awesome and is a whopping 65 miles long and ends at the ocean.  We only did about 7 or 8 total but it was really pretty darn great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!