October 1, 2013

October Goals

{sweater and jeans: Ilene's Boutique (LA), boots: Famous Footwear (old), headband: Target, earrings: Macys}

I can't believe we are already over a week into fall.  October is one of my favorite months.  It officially feels like fall is here, the holidays are right around the corner, and pumpkin everything is available.  And you better believe that I will be sipping on apple cider, wearing boots and big sweaters, and going to the pumpkin patch even though it's probably going to be 80 degrees.  I don't care because I'm ready for fall.  And to be honest, I'm so glad that October is here.  I need a fresh start.

September brought some particular challenges into the Johnson household.  We faced some struggles that we haven't really had to deal with before.  But through it all, I can confidently say that our faith has grown exponentially and the Lord's faithfulness is so evident.  In the past few weeks we have really learned to communicate, lean on each other and diligently pray and trust for God's plan to work out in His perfect timing.  I'm so excited to see where He will take us and am so ready to dive into October. 

I want October to be a month where I really take time to appreciate small things.  I don't have any big plans for this month, but want it to be about time with family and friends and savoring life's small moments. 

Here's to a fabulous October!

October Goals

Read 2 novels
Work on strengthening my knee with therapy exercises
Go to all of our Financial Peace classes 
Be diligent using the "envelope system"
Get a haircut
Try 2 new recipes
Workout 4 days a week
Take a bubble bath
Go to the pumpkin patch
Make homemade applesauce
Do my devotions everyday
Buy produce from a local farmer's market
Spend more time in prayer with Nick
Clean out the hall closet
Finish the tablecloth I am making
Host a dinner party
Rest
Take Brinkley on a run at least once a week
Talk to family at least once a week on the telephone
 Spend 5 days free of social media
Take my vitamins everyday

What are your October goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!