February 25, 2014

Tropical wheat grass smoothie


I love smoothies.  I could drink one everyday.  And that's usually what happens.  I like to have one for breakfast or for a mid-morning pick-me-up.  

Yesterday I made this delicious little number here.  In all honesty I've never had wheat grass before.  Not that I didn't want to, but mostly because I never thought of it.  Well that all changed when I was at the grocery store and saw a steal of a deal (at least in my mind it was) for a flat of wheat grass for $2.  I'll take it!  So I came home and whipped up this smoothie.  And it was every bit as delicious as it seems it could be.  Oh, and I couldn't even taste the wheat grass so I'm wondering if it has a pretty mild taste?  Anybody?

The consistency of the smoothie that I made was actually more like juice.  If you prefer it more slushy-like or thicker, then add some ice or use frozen fruit.
 
  
Ingredients:

- 1/4 c cubed mango
- half of a banana
- 3 large strawberries
- 5 large blackberries
- wheat grass to your liking
- 8 oz water or coconut water

Method:

- Combine all ingredients in a high powered immersion blender and blend until smooth. 
- Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!