July 3, 2014

{Dear July}


Too many fun things are headed my way this month and I could not be more excited!  Two 4-day weekends and plenty of plans.  But amidst those plans I have also prepared some down time to just be.  To be peaceful, to be joyful, to laugh, and to live away from the madness that can consume me daily.

June brought some serious revelations for me.  I was struck suddenly one day by how quickly my life and days seem to go by.  There were times when I felt like I was observing my life from the outside and couldn't grasp the fact that each second I spent I would never get back again.  I know it's so cliche, but I just didn't (and don't) want to waste any of it.  I realized more than ever in the last month the depth of the meaning of contentment.  I don't want to wake up one day and wish there were things I had done, smiles I had shared with strangers, or kind words that should've been given to someone who needed them.  June also brought some challenges for me.  No matter how hard I tried I felt like I could never get organized.  The house seemed to always be a mess regardless of how often I cleaned it, cooking (one of my favorite hobbies) was totally thrown on the back burner, and my poor husband had to deal with me just wanting to sip on wine and watch Seinfeld in the evenings.  But amidst this bit of chaos, I realized that these things are okay too.  I've been thinking.  And July will be different.

July has no room for negativity.  No room for complaints.  And plenty of room for loving others, adventure, and contentment.  Plenty of room for focusing on the present and to stop wishing for a season of life that I'm just not in.  Plenty of room for prayer, reading, spending time with family, and training for hard relay races.  Plenty of room to live.

July 2014 Goals
  • finish Joshua, read Judges, Luke, Numbers, Micah, Nahum
  • continue following the training program and run 25 miles/week
  • lift weights 2x/week
  • watch the sun set over the water
  • organize the house chores into set days
  • sugar fast for 10 days (sort of missed that last month!)
  • go ziplining
  • get a stamp in my passport
  • leave a 100% tip
  • go to a church BBQ
  • compliment a stranger 3x/ week
  • turn off electronics by 8:30 pm
  • read The Orchardist
  • play tennis
  • write down prayer requests and pray over them 10 min every day
  • write one thing I'm thankful for everyday and put it in the jar- review at end of month
  • follow our budget
  • go for 2 new hikes
  • spend time with both sides of the family at least once
  • write a letter to a friend
  • date night with Nick once a week
  • go to the beach
Have a wonderful day my friends!  Get your BBQ on for the 4th! :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!