September 18, 2013

the blonde moment that takes the cake

 
This is from when we were in Hawaii last year on our honeymoon.  Just reminiscing.

 You guys, I totally had a moment the other day.  Call it a blonde moment, a senior moment, I don't know what happened, but I completely spaced out.  

I work at a dental office and our parking lot isn't big enough to fit all of the employee's cars and the patient's cars, so the employees are expected to park on the street next to the office.  The other day I got to work early and happened to be on the phone with my mom as I was driving (blue-tooth, don't worry) so I parked the car and kept it running so I could have the air on while I talked to her.  When it was about time for me to go into work, I gathered all of my things in my purse, got out of the car, locked it and went inside and went about my day.

Fast forward 9 hours later and I am leaving work.  I am walking to the car and looking for the keys in my purse.  Now, our car has one of those keypads on the side that you can enter in a code to get inside.  So I just figured that my keys are probably buried in my purse so I would unlock the car using the keypad then just look for them when I got inside.  But as I approach the car I hear a low purring noise.  And lo-and-behold, yes, I left the car on all day!  We are talking 9 hours here people! NINE!  The keys were left in the ignition, the car parked on the side of the street and I about had a heart attack.  I call my husband who, God bless that man, is so forgiving and kind.  Both of us were so baffled at how I could do something like that because I am generally so on top of things and I am paranoid if the car isn't locked correctly.  

Needless to say, I'm still surprised, but kind of think it's funny.  Oh, and our car is now averaging a whopping 7 miles to the gallon (and with these gas prices, I'm so excited about that!).

Have you ever had a moment like that?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!

3 comments:

  1. Hahah! Yes! I am always distracted if I'm on the phone. Don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha that's great.

    I can't say I have ever done that!

    At least you can get into the car without the keys so you could turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOO YOU DIDNT?!!! Oh my goodness!!! I've actually done that before, but not for 9 hours! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!