January 1, 2014

HAPPY 2014! // goals + dreams

 
  
Happy New Year!  I can't believe it's already 2014.  I mean, weren't we just celebrating a new millenium and Y2K?  I hope that you all had a safe and happy new year's eve.  The hubs and I celebrated like the party animals that we are and went out to dinner, came home, threw on our jammies, read our books, watched a juicing documentary to get pumped for a healthy start to 2014, and fell asleep by, ohhh I don't know-10! haha.  Party hard, right?

Over the last few weeks (months actually, but more on that in another post), I have been reflecting on life and how I want to live it, and about how I will wish I had done things and lived when I look back in 50 years.  I really want to be a well-rounded, Christ-centered, loving, encouraging, and inspiring woman.  But I can't just hope that will happen someday.  The change and the living starts today.  Not to say that the last 23 years have been wasted, because certainly they haven't!  I've had a wonderful life and have been blessed to do so many things that I love and have so many great memories.  And I just want that to continue, but this year in a more intentional and real way.  

 
  
I've been doing some serious praying, and feel like I know the direction that God is leading me.  There are going to be some big changes this year and even though some of those things scare me and remain unknown, I know that God has it all under control and as long as I follow His will then nothing can fail.  With that being said, after praying over my goals for 2014 this is what I've come up with: 
  • read the Bible cover to cover
  • use my degree
  • make a quilt
  • make a table runner
  • re-evaluate and make some changes to the blog
  • run a 1/2 marathon
  • write at least one snail-mail letter/ month
  • journal 3 times/ week
  • read 15 books in 12 months (at least 4 of them I want to be growth books, aka for my marriage/faith/finances/etc.)
  • do a 3 day juice cleanse
  • plan a vacation for Nick and I 
  • start a garden
  • start my mornings in the Word and in prayer
  • have one social media- free weekend/ month
  • shop local and seasonal produce and buy organic whenever possible 
  • continue in a vegetarian/vegan diet and more towards a raw diet
  • join a women's Bible study/ youth ministry to lead at church
  • make a leisurely trip to Oregon to see family
  • can beans, salsa, and jams over the summer
  • improve my photography skills and get a new camera
 

These are my personal goals.  Nick and I have our goals together for the upcoming year, but this is my personal list that I want to do and improve on.  Living with intent and in a simpler way is the main goal.  And that starts with the small stuff.  To do big you also have to do little.

So here are my January goals too:
  • read Matthew, Ecclesiastes, Ruth, and Colossians
  • run at least 15 mi/ week
  • buy produce at the farmer's market
  • journal twice per week
  • write at least 3 blog posts each week (sorry I've been slacking!)
  • pray 10 minutes each morning before work
  • begin sewing pieces of my quilt together
  • write a letter to a relative
  • have one social-media free weekend
  • 15 in 12: read Love Does by Bob Goff
  • lift weights 2x/ week
  • take Brinkley to the beach at least 3 times
  • try 2 new recipes
  • take a bubble bath
 Bring it on 2014!  You will be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!