April 7, 2014

April happenings + goals


Oh, April.  It's one of my favorite months for many reasons.  My birthday, the sun starts peeking out from behind the clouds more often, flowers begin to bloom, the air smells good, and spring just brings a flood of happiness to what seems like everyone's attitude.  This particular April I am having to remind myself to slow down.  This is going to be one hectic month.  And honestly I don't know how to prepare for it.  We were originally supposed to be moving in March and then with a sudden turn of events we found ourselves receiving a move letter from Nick's company that we need to be moved and report to his new job site by May 5.  So we move the end of April.  I thought I was prepared, but oh boy, I am not.  I've been making lists like crazy of all the things that need to be done, and I'm having to remind myself to stay in prayer and hand things over to the Lord because only He can help me accomplish everything that needs to be done in the next 3 weeks.  

My goals for April mainly deal with the move and I won't bore you with those here.  However, I recognize that I need to maintain my sanity with other goals too that don't involve moving so that I can have a balanced and healthy life without as much stress.  

April goals:
  • finish Exodus*, read Daniel, Esther, and Ephesians
  • weight lift 3x/ week and increase the amount of reps/set I am doing
  • do cardio 4x/ week
  • complete a 3 day juice fast
  • make a house-hunting trip and pick out our new place
  • cancel all utilities and begin to set up the necessary new ones
  • deep clean the apartment after the movers come
  • get Brinkley groomed
  • finish reading The Help*, and read one other book for pleasure
  • stay organized by making cleaning, packing, menu, and to-do lists
*unfinished goals from last month

Do you have any goals for April?  If so, leave a comment so I can check them out!

P.S.  Sorry my blogging has been lacking a bit, obviously things have been a little more hectic than I had planned.  But I do have a few new posts coming up later this week/ next week! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments - I read each one!